Orange Cobbler Recipe
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons orange juice concentrate
- 2 teaspoons butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup biscuit/baking mix
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons milk
- Vanilla ice cream
- 1. In a saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in water, marmalade and orange juice concentrate. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until thickened. Stir in the butter until melted. Pour into a greased 1-qt. baking dish.
- 2. In a bowl, combine biscuit mix and nutmeg; stir in milk just until moistened. Drop by tablespoonfuls over orange mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until topping is golden brown. Serve warm over ice cream. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 361 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 451mg sodium, 69g carbohydrate (46g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Orange Cobbler
"I made this recipe tonight and it was pretty tasty. I had to triple everything in this recipe since it was made for two servings. I needed 6 servings. it was quite tasty and easy to put together. The only thing that would have made it better would have been to somehow sweeten the biscuit topping. Without the ice cream it would have been difficult to get the topping down as it was very plain and drab. The orange filling was very tasty and sweet :)"