Orange Cinnamon Swirl Bread
"This bread is scrumptious," assures Nancy Means, Moline, Illinois.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
Makes1 mini loaf (6 slices)
- 1/4 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- In a small bowl, cream shortening and 1/2 cup sugar. Add the egg, sour cream and vanilla; mix well. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; stir into creamed mixture just until moistened.
- Pour half of the batter into a 5-3/4x3x2-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Combine the cinnamon, orange zest and remaining sugar; set aside 1-1/2 teaspoons for topping. Sprinkle remaining cinnamon mixture over batter. Carefully top with remaining batter; cut through batter with a knife to swirl. Sprinkle with reserved cinnamon mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
Editor's Note: Batter may be divided between two 5-1/4-in. x 2-1/2-in. x 1-3/4-in. loaf pans; bake for 20-25 minutes.