With a burst of citrus and spice, these glazed pecan halves taste like Christmas in a bowl. Yuletide gatherings just aren’t the same without this crunchy, munchy snack.—Cleo Gonske, Redding, California
Recommended: 20 Recipes to Bake with Cinnamon
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 cups pecan halves
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 250°. Line a 15x10x1-in. baking pan with foil.
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine sugar, orange juice, cinnamon and nutmeg. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Cook over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until a candy thermometer reads 236° (soft-ball stage), stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat; stir in pecans, butter and vanilla. Spread into prepared baking pan. Bake 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cool completely. Break apart; store in an airtight container up to 1 week. Yield: 3 cups.
Originally published as Orange-Cinnamon Pecans in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2014