- 2 to 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt, optional
- 6 slices bread
- Additional honey, optional
- In a small bowl, mix the butter, honey and cinnamon. Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan; spread to coat bottom of pan.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk the eggs, orange juice and, if desired, salt. Dip both sides of bread in egg mixture. Place in prepared pan.
- Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Invert onto a serving platter; serve with honey if desired. Yield: 6 slices.
Reviews forOrange-Cinnamon French Toast
"Making this for years. Fast, tasty, crowd pleaser every time."
"This had too much orange flavor for our tastes."
"Wow! This is excellent. My whole family loved this and gobbled it up quickly. I did add a little cinnamon to the orange/egg mixture. It was great with honey or maple syrup."
"Amazingly simple, and a huge hit at Christmas brunch!"
"I first found this recipe in the Taste of Home cookbook and it is very good! It is a good switch from grilling. Will continue to make, thanks for the recipe!!"