Orange Chocolate Tart
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min.
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 7 ounces semisweet chocolate, divided
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 2 large Nellie’s Free Range Eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon orange extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whipped topping
- Orange peel, optional
- In a microwave-safe dish, melt butter and five chocolate squares. Cool for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, line a 9-in. fluted tart pan with removable bottom with pastry. Line pastry with a double thickness of heavy-duty aluminum foil. Bake at 450° for 5 minutes. Remove the foil; bake 3 minutes longer. Reduce heat to 350°.
- In a small bowl, beat eggs, sugar and orange extract until thickened, about 4 minutes. Stir in cooled chocolate mixture. Beat in flour; mix well. Pour into crust. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, line a baking sheet with waxed paper; set aside. Melt remaining chocolate. Pour melted chocolate into a heavy-duty resealable plastic bag; cut a small hole in a corner of bag. Pipe eight to 10 small hearts onto the waxed paper. Refrigerate until set. Spread whipped topping on pie; garnish with chocolate hearts and orange peel if desired. Refrigerate leftovers.
Oct 17, 2016
Orange and chocolate fudge in a crust, is how I would describe this! It is a must for any chocolaholic. I tried it with a graham cracker crust, and used the zest of an orange instead of extract. I will definitely make this again.
Apr 12, 2010
This is a super easy & elegant dessert. Orange not your thing? Swap mint in it's place. No tart pan? Use a 9" pie pan instead!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.