Orange Chocolate Tart
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min.
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 7 ounces semisweet chocolate, divided
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon orange extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whipped topping
- Orange peel, optional
- In a microwave-safe dish, melt butter and five chocolate squares. Cool for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, line a 9-in. fluted tart pan with removable bottom with pastry. Line pastry with a double thickness of heavy-duty aluminum foil. Bake at 450° for 5 minutes. Remove the foil; bake 3 minutes longer. Reduce heat to 350°.
- In a small bowl, beat eggs, sugar and orange extract until thickened, about 4 minutes. Stir in cooled chocolate mixture. Beat in flour; mix well. Pour into crust. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, line a baking sheet with waxed paper; set aside. Melt remaining chocolate. Pour melted chocolate into a heavy-duty resealable plastic bag; cut a small hole in a corner of bag. Pipe eight to 10 small hearts onto the waxed paper. Refrigerate until set. Spread whipped topping on pie; garnish with chocolate hearts and orange peel if desired. Refrigerate leftovers.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Oct 17, 2016
Orange and chocolate fudge in a crust, is how I would describe this! It is a must for any chocolaholic. I tried it with a graham cracker crust, and used the zest of an orange instead of extract. I will definitely make this again.
Apr 12, 2010
This is a super easy & elegant dessert. Orange not your thing? Swap mint in it's place. No tart pan? Use a 9" pie pan instead!