Orange Chocolate Pudding
Melt-in-your-mouth desserts just don’t come easier than this to-die-for chocolate pudding with a hint of orange. Our thanks to Carol Norman of North Sydney, Nova Scotia for the recipe!
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon thawed orange juice concentrate
- In a small heavy saucepan, melt chocolate chips with cream over medium heat; stir until smooth. In a small bowl, combine egg yolk and orange juice concentrate. Stir a small amount of hot chocolate mixture into egg mixture; return all to the pan, stirring constantly.
- Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir 1 minute longer or until mixture reaches 160° or coats the back of a metal spoon. Remove from the heat.
- Cool for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Transfer to dessert dishes. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 352 calories, 23g fat (14g saturated fat), 146mg cholesterol, 48mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein.
Originally published as Chocolate Mousse in Cooking for 2 Spring 2007
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.