Orange Chocolate Muffins
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makesabout 1-1/2 dozen
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large Nellie’s Free Range Eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 to 3 tablespoons grated orange zest
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the sour cream, orange juice and zest. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and grated chocolate; stir into creamed mixture just until moistened. Fill paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full.
- Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 171 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 119mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Mar 21, 2016
I will probably never make these muffins again. It's so rare that I am disappointed in taste of home recipes! My daughter loves orange and chocolate together so I thought these sounded great! I didn't realize until I went to make these that the chocolate needed to be grated. What a lot of work! Also, I could not taste the chocolate in the muffins. They were nice and moist and still tasted pretty good, just not what I expected. They were a light color with chocolate specks. I would really love a dark chocolate muffin with orange more. Maybe I will combine the "white chocolate chip muffins" recipe with this one.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.