- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 to 3 tablespoons grated orange peel
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 squares (1 ounce each) bittersweet chocolate
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the sour cream, orange juice and peel. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and grated chocolate; stir into creamed mixture just until moistened. Fill paper-lined muffin cusp three-fourths full.
- Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.
Reviews forOrange Chocolate Muffins
"I will probably never make these muffins again. It's so rare that I am disappointed in taste of home recipes! My daughter loves orange and chocolate together so I thought these sounded great! I didn't realize until I went to make these that the chocolate needed to be grated. What a lot of work! Also, I could not taste the chocolate in the muffins. They were nice and moist and still tasted pretty good, just not what I expected. They were a light color with chocolate specks. I would really love a dark chocolate muffin with orange more. Maybe I will combine the "white chocolate chip muffins" recipe with this one."