- 1 medium navel orange
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- Wash and grate orange. Place orange peel in a small bowl. Juice orange. Add enough boiling water to the juice to measure 1 cup. Pour over orange peel; let stand for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda. In another bowl, beat egg, butter, vanilla and reserved orange mixture; mix well. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in chocolate chips. Pour into a greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf.
Reviews forOrange Chocolate Chip Bread
"So easy to make! I had some oranges on the verge of being thrown away so I used their juice instead of store bought orange juice! YUMMMY!!!"
"good good for mi"