Orange Chocolate Cake
This recipe came from one of the best cooks in my ladies' Bible class at church. The orange and chocolate combination is delicious. One of my hobbies is collecting recipes, especially those for desserts, which suits my chocolate-loving husband just fine!
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 1 hour + cooling
- 1 package orange cake mix (regular size)
- 5 large eggs
- 1 cup orange juice or water
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon orange extract, optional
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 3/4 cup chocolate syrup
- In a large bowl, beat the cake mix, eggs, juice, pudding mix and extract if desired until well blended and smooth. Sprinkle chocolate chips and nuts into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Pour two-thirds of batter into pan. Combine chocolate syrup with remaining batter; pour into pan.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before inverting onto wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 220 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 53mg cholesterol, 252mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Orange Chocolate Cake in Sweet and Scrumptious Chocolate