Orange Chip Cheesecake Recipe
I love to adapt and mix recipes, which led to the creation of this creamy treat many years ago. It came to mind immediately when I was planning the orange theme menu. In this case, the distinctive citrus flavor is complemented by chocolate! —Susan West North Grafton, Massachusetts
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon orange extract
- 3/4 to 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 chocolate crumb or graham cracker crust (9 inches)
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) sour cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- Additional chocolate chips
- 1. In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add eggs, beat on low speed just until combined. Add salt and orange extract; beat just until blended. Stir in chocolate chips. Pour into crust. Bake at 375° for 20 minutes or until center is almost set. Remove from the oven; increase temperature to 425°.
- 2. In a bowl, combine sour cream, sugar and vanilla; spread over cheesecake. Bake 5 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Refrigerate overnight. Just before serving, garnish with oranges and additional chocolate chips. Yield: 8 servings.
1 slice: 519 calories, 33g fat (19g saturated fat), 128mg cholesterol, 417mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (39g sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein.
Reviews for Orange Chip Cheesecake
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC