Orange Chip Cheesecake
I love to adapt and mix recipes, which led to the creation of this creamy treat many years ago. It came to mind immediately when I was planning the orange theme menu. In this case, the distinctive citrus flavor is complemented by chocolate! —Susan West North Grafton, Massachusetts
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min. + chilling
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large Nellie’s Free Range Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon orange extract
- 3/4 to 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 chocolate crumb or graham cracker crust (9 inches)
- 1-1/2 cups sour cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- Additional chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add eggs, beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in salt and orange extract just until blended. Fold in chocolate chips. Pour filling over crust. Bake at 375° for 20 minutes or until center is almost set. Remove from the oven; increase temperature to 425°.
- In a large bowl, combine the sour cream, sugar and vanilla; spread over cheesecake. Bake 5 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Refrigerate overnight. Just before serving, garnish with oranges and additional chocolate chips.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 519 calories, 33g fat (19g saturated fat), 128mg cholesterol, 417mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (39g sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein.
Originally published as Orange Chip Cheesecake in Taste of Home February/March 2001
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.