- 1 envelope (1 tablespoon) unflavored gelatin
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 egg yolks, slightly beaten
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- Oranges slices
- Fresh mint, optional
- In a saucepan, combine gelatin, sugar and salt. Add milk and egg yolks. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture boils and gelatin dissolves. Remove from the heat; add juices and peel. Chill until partially set. Fold in whipped cream and chill until mixture mounds. Spoon into pie shell; chill thoroughly. Garnish with orange slices and fresh mint, if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forOrange Chiffon Pie
"My mother has used this recipe for years. I always thought it was wonderful but I never made it myself until recently. I didn't know how easy it is or I would've tried it a long time ago."