- 1 package (6.9 ounces) chicken-flavored rice mix
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1-1/2 cups hot water
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper, optional
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1-1/2 cups frozen sliced carrots, thawed
- Set aside seasoning packet from rice mix. In a large skillet, cook rice mix in butter over medium heat until golden brown. stir in the water, orange juice, garlic powder, ginger, cayenne if desired and contents of seasoning packet; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add chicken and carrots. Cover and simmer for 5-10 minutes or until heated through and liquid is absorbed. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forOrange Chicken Supper
"Excellent! Loved the flavor and the whole family like it."
"This is awesome. All of the flavors gotogether so perfectly."
"This was a delicious meal. It made plenty for my husband and I, but enjoyed it the next day for lunch. My co-workers were envious! Great recipe!"