Orange Chicken Skillet
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch strips
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup chili sauce
- Hot cooked pasta
- In a large skillet, stir-fry the chicken, carrots, green pepper and onion in oil until chicken is no longer pink and vegetables are crisp-tender.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and brown sugar; stir in orange juice and chili sauce until smooth. Add to skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with pasta.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 290 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 375mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 2g fiber), 25g protein.
Jun 18, 2018
This is an easy recipe that's tasty. I don't make it too often, but it's good.
Jan 18, 2014
This recipe was awful. The sauce was too thick and the mixture of the OJ and chili sauce did not taste well together. Will never make again!
Sep 20, 2011
The sauce was way too sweet and the flavor wasn't very good.
Sep 12, 2011
Very, very tasty! Family loved it.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.