Dining alone? Try this colorful salad from Mary Lewis of Norman, Oklahoma. Refreshing mandarin oranges and a creamy citrus dressing complement tender cubes of chicken, pasta spirals, veggies and sliced red grapes. Truly, it's an entree in itself!
Recommended: 20 Recipes to Make with Fresh Citrus
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup uncooked spiral pasta
- 1/2 cup cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1/4 cup mandarin oranges
- 1/4 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/4 cup halved seedless red grapes
- 1 green onion, sliced
- ORANGE VINAIGRETTE:
- 3 tablespoons orange juice concentrate
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. In a small bowl, combine the pasta, chicken, oranges, cucumber, grapes and onion.
- In another bowl, whisk the vinaigrette ingredients. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 1 serving.
Originally published as Orange Chicken Pasta Salad in Cooking for 2 Spring 2007, p58