Orange Chicken Kiev
Total TimePrep: 50 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest
- In a large bowl, combine the butter, chives, parsley, salt and pepper. Shape into a 6x2-in. rectangle; place on waxed paper. Freeze until firm, about 30 minutes.
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut butter mixture into six strips; place one strip in the center of each chicken breast half. Roll up and tuck in ends; secure with a toothpick.
- Place the flour in a shallow bowl. In another bowl, beat egg and orange juice. In a third bowl, combine bread crumbs and orange zest. Coat chicken with flour, dip in egg mixture, then roll in crumb mixture. Place seam side down in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 35-40 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Discard toothpicks.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 272 calories, 18g fat (10g saturated fat), 92mg cholesterol, 433mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 10g protein.
Sep 18, 2014
I made this back in 2007 and rated it "very good"
Apr 28, 2014
Loved this chicken; it has just the right amount of orange flavor. I served it with the Asparagus Tomato Salad from the same issue and homemade Hawaiian Rolls.
Apr 3, 2013
I love this recipe. The orange flavors are refreshing. One thing I do to make sure the breading is browned is brush lightly with melted butter 1/2 way through baking. I use the lid of a butter dish to form the butter and herb filling. Freeze and slice it into the number of pieces I need.
Nov 4, 2011
This is a great recipe. It is easy and looks like it took a lot of time and effort. My family loves it- the orange gives it it's unique flavor. Will make again.
Apr 26, 2010
It was a decent meal but the flavors just didn't impress me. It's hard to roll the chicken in the bowls when the toothpicks are in, so only put the toothpicks in when the chicken is put in the pan.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.