- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1 to 1-1/2 cups herb-seasoned stuffing mix, crushed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- Orange slices, optional
- In a shallow bowl, beat egg, add orange juice. In another bowl, combine stuffing mix, paprika, orange peel and salt. Dip chicken in to the egg mixture, then into crumbs, turning to coat well. Pour butter into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Place chicken in baking dish, turning once to butter both sides. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 45 minutes or until the chicken is tender and juices run clear. Garnish with orange slices if desired. Yield: 4-8 servings.
Reviews forOrange Chicken
"I only gave it 4 stars because I tweaked the recipe. I changed it because most of the stuffing mixes are loaded with MSG, which I am highly allergic too - and I mean the added "Accent" type of MSG. and not the naturally occurring MSG that is in a lot of foods. So, I substituted Poultry Seasoning - 2 tablespoons, 2 Tablespoons Mrs. Dash Original Seasoning and 1 cup of unseasoned bread crumbs - side note Panco bread crumbs would have worked too. It came out fantastic. And I only baked it for 35 minutes. It came out so nice, moist and brown. 45 minutes at 375 would have burnt it beyond repair."
"Delicious! Will make again!"
"I put my chicken in for 36 minutes and it was still slightly overdone (I used the butter, not cooking spray). Next time I will set it for 30 and just keep checking it. It was a very interesting orange flavor. Definitely different. Both my husband and I enjoyed it, but even more importantly, my son (who has feeding issues) loved this. I will probably make this in the future, but 1 star off for too long cook time, and for the hassle of grating an orange peel and crushing stuffing."
"Made this tonight. It was a hit. Didn't have an orange on hand, but will definitely add the orange peel next time. Fortunately, I had leftover stuffing mix with herbs in the freezer. Adding the stuffing mix to my pantry staples. No leftovers, making more next time!"
"I had trouble with the chicken being too dry - but I had omitted the butter and used cooking spray as someone else suggested. Next time I'll use the butter and I bet it won't be as dry! The orange flavor was very nice and hubby liked this one a lot. :)"
"I will admit to being a little skeptical about this recipe with the orange juice in it, but I was pleasantly surprised at how good this chicken really was. I did not add the orange peel, but used all the other ingredients. It was done at about 38 minutes."
"Made this last night. Crazy good. The whole family loved it and we have some very picky eaters. Pounded the chicken breasts first, but followed the recipe exactly. Just had some left over for lunch and it was still great!!"
"I made this with chicken tenderloins and it was absolutely delicious. Even my 5 grandchildren, ages 7 to 12, really liked it. I did not put the orange peel in, but when I make it for my husband and I, I will try this. Thanks, Sukie"