VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1/2 teaspoon orange extract
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Yellow and red liquid food coloring, optional
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup cold milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- Chocolate hearts, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine the orange marmalade and juice; cook and stir over medium heat until melted and blended.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Gradually stir into marmalade mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 4 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in extract. Cool completely. Fold in whipped topping. Tint orange with yellow and red coloring if desired.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add the sour cream; mix well. In a small mixing bowl, beat the milk and pudding mix on low speed for 2 minutes. Stir into cream cheese mixture. Cut a large hole in the corner of a pastry or plastic bag; fill half full with cream cheese mixture. Press bag slightly to flatten. Cut a small hole in another bag; insert star tip No. 21. Place filled bag in empty bag; fill empty bag with orange mixture. Pipe in a swirled design in parfait glasses; chill. Garnish with chocolate hearts if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Orange Cheesecake Mousse in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2002, p185