Orange Cheesecake Dessert
Indulge your taste buds this holiday season with these heavenly cheesecake squares made in a 9 x 13 pan. The sweet raspberry topping is the crowning touch.
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 35 min. + chilling
- 1-3/4 cups shortbread cookie crumbs (about 22 cookies)
- 2/3 cup sliced almonds, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup thawed orange juice concentrate
- 1-1/4 teaspoons almond extract
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen sweetened raspberries, thawed
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- In a small bowl, combine the cookie crumbs, almonds and 2 tablespoons sugar; stir in butter. Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and remaining sugar until smooth. Add orange juice concentrate and extract; beat until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour over crust.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain raspberries, reserving juice; set berries aside. In a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and reserved juice until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; gently stir in raspberries. Cool. Serve with cheesecake dessert.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 432 calories, 28g fat (15g saturated fat), 115mg cholesterol, 273mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein.
Originally published as Raspberry Dreamsicle Cheesecake in Country Woman Christmas 2009
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.