Orange Cheesecake Bars
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 45 min. + cooling
- 2 cups crushed vanilla wafers (about 60 wafers)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons orange juice concentrate
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 5 drops yellow food coloring
- 3 drops red food coloring
- In a large bowl, combine the wafer crumbs and butter. Press into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add the milk, eggs and vanilla; beat just until combined. Pour half over crust.
- Add the orange juice concentrate, orange zest, extract and food coloring to the remaining cream cheese mixture; beat until combined. Pour over first layer.
- Bake at 325° for 45-50 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 106 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 32mg cholesterol, 71mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Jan 16, 2012
We always called the ice cream bar a Dream Cicle - glad to have a cheesecake version of this !
Jan 16, 2012
I LOVE orange sherbet anything and am so thrilled you even spelled "sherbet" correctly. LOL Our local radio announcers always call it sherbeRt and it never ceases to amaze me. I would put this near the top of my dessert list as it is unique and a childhood fav!!
Feb 3, 2011
I don't know how this is an award winning recipe...I ended up throwing most of it away. It is definitely not worth buying the ingredients that are needed. I have experimented with many cheesecake recipes which ranged from excellent to okay, but this one will be a memorable worst.