- 2 cups crushed vanilla wafers (about 60 wafers)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons orange juice concentrate
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 5 drops yellow food coloring
- 3 drops red food coloring
- In a large bowl, combine the wafer crumbs and butter. Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add the milk, eggs and vanilla; beat just until combined. Pour half over crust.
- Add the orange juice concentrate, orange peel, extract and food coloring to the remaining cream cheese mixture; beat until combined. Pour over first layer.
- Bake at 325° for 45-50 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before cutting. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews forOrange Cheesecake Bars
"We always called the ice cream bar a Dream Cicle - glad to have a cheesecake version of this !"
"I LOVE orange sherbet anything and am so thrilled you even spelled "sherbet" correctly. LOL Our local radio announcers always call it sherbeRt and it never ceases to amaze me. I would put this near the top of my dessert list as it is unique and a childhood fav!!"
"I don't know how this is an award winning recipe...I ended up throwing most of it away. It is definitely not worth buying the ingredients that are needed. I have experimented with many cheesecake recipes which ranged from excellent to okay, but this one will be a memorable worst."