Orange Caramel Ice Cream Sauce
Instead of topping ice cream with a store-bought sauce, try this simple homemade version. The subtle orange flavor pairs well with any type of ice cream. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 teaspoon orange extract
- Butter pecan ice cream
- In a large saucepan, cook and stir brown sugar and cream over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Bring to a boil; cook for 5 minutes or until mixture is reduced by half. Remove from the heat. Stir in milk and orange extract. Cover and refrigerate.
- Just before serving, warm over low heat. Serve with ice cream.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 215 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 37mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Orange Caramel Ice Cream Sauce in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2003
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.