Orange Caramel Ice Cream Sauce
We added a touch of orange extract to a creamy caramel sauce to make a rich homemade ice cream topping. Or try it as a dip for fruit or cookies. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 teaspoon orange extract
- Ice cream or dessert of choice
- In a large saucepan, cook and stir brown sugar and cream over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Bring to a boil; cook until mixture is reduced by half, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat. Stir in milk and orange extract. Cover and refrigerate.
- Just before serving, warm over low heat. Serve with ice cream or dessert of choice.