Orange Cappuccino Creams
As holiday gifts, these mocha-orange morsels are sure to be a sweet success. The delighted response they get is well worth the kitchen time it takes to make them. —Lucile Cline, Wichita, Kansas
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling Cook: 20 min. + cooling
Makesabout 4 dozen
- 12 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- 6 tablespoons heavy whipping cream, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon orange extract
- 1-1/2 teaspoons finely grated orange zest
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- In a small heavy saucepan over low heat, melt white chocolate with 1/4 cup cream, orange juice, extract and zest. Stir until chocolate is melted. Remove from the heat; stir in walnuts. Cool for 10-12 minutes.
- Using a small spoon, fill paper or foil candy cups about two-thirds full with cooled chocolate mixture. Chill for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine coffee granules and remaining cream. Cook and stir over low heat until coffee is dissolved. Add semisweet chocolate; cook and stir until chocolate is melted. Spoon about 1/2 teaspoon over each cup. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.