Orange Candied Carrots
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound carrots, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/4 pound butter, softened
- 1/4 cup jellied cranberry sauce
- 1 orange peel strip (1 to 3 inches)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Place 1 in. of water and carrots in a skillet; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a blender, combine the butter, cranberry sauce, orange peel, brown sugar and salt. Cover and process until blended. Drain carrots; drizzle with cranberry mixture.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 404 calories, 31g fat (19g saturated fat), 83mg cholesterol, 767mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 5g fiber), 2g protein.
Sep 28, 2014
This was pretty good. I thought that you would be able to tell that there was jellied cranberry sauce but you can't. I also tried to run the sauce through the blender and it wouldn't work (my fault not the fault of the recipe) and wound up having to peel off some zest with a grater and then using beaters to mix. I didn't have as much zest as I would have if I had used the peel but a little goes a long way for us.
Dec 8, 2011
Omit the orange zest.