Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 pounds fresh broccoli florets
- 5 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds
- Place 1 in. of water in a saucepan; add broccoli. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-8 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and keep warm.
- In the same pan, combine the butter, orange juice, orange zest and salt; heat until butter is melted. Return the broccoli to the saucepan; toss to coat. Transfer to a serving bowl; sprinkle with almonds.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 166 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 334mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 5g fiber), 6g protein.
Jul 23, 2013
Great different way to prepare broccoli
Nov 14, 2012
lacking in flavor
May 20, 2011
Sorry, but my family really didn't care for this recipe. We didn't think the orange flavor complemented the broccoli at all.
May 16, 2010
This was very good. I used walnuts instead of almonds. I added 2 cloves of garlic.
Feb 9, 2010
Very good! I thought it might a real orange taste, but it was more sweet. I added 1/4 tsp ea. of garlic powder and seasoning salt