"A friend and I stumbled across this recipe when craving a good shake, but we substituted ingredients we had on hand," explains Laura Gaskins from Erie, Colorado. It turned out great!" The citrus and berry taste in this cool beverage is so refreshing on a hot day.
Recommended: 22 Ways to Cook with Cinnamon
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/4 cups strawberry ice cream
- 3/4 cup vanilla ice cream
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 1-1/4 cups frozen unsweetened blueberries
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Fresh strawberries, optional
- In a blender, combine the first five ingredients; cover and process until smooth, stirring if necessary. Pour into chilled glasses. Garnish with strawberries if desired. Yield: 3 servings.
Originally published as Orange Blueberry Shakes in Quick Cooking July/August 2005, p21