Orange Blueberry Sauce
For an easy recipe for ice cream topping, try this recipe. The orange and blueberries flavors meld well together to make a delicious combination.—Naomi Fitzer, Pearl, Mississippi
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
Makesabout 3 cups
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 4 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Ice cream of your choice
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, orange juice and orange zest; stir until smooth. Add 3 cups blueberries. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into berry mixture. Add the cinnamon and remaining blueberries.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve warm or chilled over ice cream. Refrigerate leftovers.
Editor's NoteIf using frozen blueberries, use without thawing to avoid discoloring the batter.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 41 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 0 sodium, 10g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 0 protein.
Originally published as Orange Blueberry Sauce in Country Woman May/June 2004
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.