I got this recipe years ago, and it is still a family favorite. Blueberries are grown right here in the Midwest, and they have a delicious flavor. As an added bonus, not only are these muffins tasty, they're nutritious, too!
Recommended: 60 Muffin Recipes Worth Waking Up For
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup uncooked oatmeal
- 1 cup orange juice
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Combine the oatmeal and orange juice. Set aside. In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, soda and sugar. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add oatmeal mixture, oil and eggs. Stir only until ingredients are moistened. Carefully fold in berries and orange peel. Spoon batter into greased muffin tins, filling about 3/4 full. Combine walnuts, sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle over muffins and bake at 400° for 15 minutes or until muffins test done. Remove from tins and serve warm, if desired. Yield: 24 muffins.
Originally published as Orange Blueberry Muffins in Country Extra May 1991, p47
Reviews forOrange Blueberry Muffins
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 25, 2017
"expected more flavor,"