Orange Blossom Salad
From Dorothy Anderson of Ottawa, Kansas, this lively salad is nice year-round—both for every day and entertaining. "It fits nicely into a 'hurry-up' meal," Dorothy notes.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
Makes6 servings (2 cups dressing)
- 3 oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 2 cups cauliflowerets
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 cups torn fresh spinach
- 1 can (12 ounces) fat-free evaporated milk
- 1 can (6 ounces) frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- In a large salad bowl, combine orange segments, cauliflower, green pepper and spinach. Place dressing ingredients in a jar with a tight-fitting lid; shake until well mixed. Add desired amount of dressing to salad and toss. Refrigerate leftover dressing.
Nutrition Facts1 tablespoon: 62 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 47mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fruit.
Originally published as Orange Blossom Salad in Taste of Home Premiere 1993