- 1 cup chocolate wafer crumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- Mini chocolate chips and sliced orange wedges, optional
- Combine crumbs and butter; press onto the bottom of an ungreased 9-in. springform pan. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. cool. In a saucepan, combine orange juice and gelatin; let stand for 5 minutes. Cook and stir over low heat until gelatin dissolves. Cool for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy; gradually add gelatin mixture. Beat on low until well mixed. Chill until partially set, about 3-5 minutes (watch carefully-mixture will set up quickly). Gently fold in whipped cream and orange peel. Spoon into the crust. Chill for 6 hours or overnight. Just before serving, run a knife around edge of pan to loosen. Remove sides of pan. Garnish with chocolate chips and oranges if desired. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews forOrange Bliss Cheesecake
"I've made this a couple of times and then lot the recipe, but remembered the name. It's very good and the folks who tried it enjoyed it very much. A nice Spring/Summer treat."