Orange & Blackberry Panther Tart
I took this wonderful tart to school for a potluck. I work with 4th graders, and we typically eat at staggered times, starting with kindergarten and working our way up to 4th grade. By the time I got in the room where we eat lunch, my tart was gone, but there was a nice note telling me how good it was. —Dianna Wara, Washington, Illinois
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 35 min. + cooling
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 3 cups fresh blackberries
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 cup white baking chips
- 1/2 teaspoon shortening
- 1/4 teaspoon apple pie spice
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 12-in. circle. Transfer to a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and marmalade. Spread over the pastry to within 1-1/4 in. of edges. Top with blackberries to within 1 in. of cream cheese edge. Fold up edges of pastry over filling, leaving center uncovered.
- In a small bowl, combine the nuts, sugar, flour and butter; sprinkle over blackberries. Bake at 400° for 35-40 minutes or until crust is golden and filling is bubbly. Using the parchment paper, slide tart onto a wire rack to cool.
- In a microwave, melt baking chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Stir in apple pie spice. Drizzle over tart.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 335 calories, 23g fat (11g saturated fat), 33mg cholesterol, 183mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.