Orange Biscuits with Honey Butter
Traditional biscuits get a sweet, citrus-y spin in this heavenly version that combines orange and honey. Just right for a breakfast treat, or as a side for a spicy chili or stew. —Patricia Overley, Chino Hills, California
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min.
Makesabout 1 dozen (1/2 cup butter)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- ORANGE HONEY BUTTER:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- Preheat oven to 450°. Whisk together first four ingredients; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Mix milk, orange zest and orange juice; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead gently 8-10 times. Pat or roll dough to 1/2-in. thickness; cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter. Place 1 in. apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake until golden brown, 8-12 minutes.
- For honey butter, beat butter until softened; beat in honey and orange zest. Serve with warm biscuits.
Nutrition Facts1 biscuit with 2 teaspoons butter: 264 calories, 16g fat (10g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 413mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.