Orange Biscuits with Honey Butter
Traditional biscuits get a sweet, citrus-y spin in this heavenly version that combines orange and honey. Just right for a breakfast treat, or as a side for a spicy chili or stew. —Patricia Overley, Chino Hills, California
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min.
Makesabout 1 dozen (1/2 cup butter)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- ORANGE HONEY BUTTER:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- Preheat oven to 450°. Whisk together first four ingredients; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Mix milk, orange zest and orange juice; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead gently 8-10 times. Pat or roll dough to 1/2-in. thickness; cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter. Place 1 in. apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake until golden brown, 8-12 minutes.
- For honey butter, beat butter until softened; beat in honey and orange zest. Serve with warm biscuits.
Nutrition Facts1 biscuit with 2 teaspoons butter: 264 calories, 16g fat (10g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 413mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Orange Biscuits & Orange Honey Butter in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2017
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.