Traditional biscuits get a sweet, citrus-y spin in this heavenly version that combines orange and honey. Just right for a breakfast treat, or as a side for a spicy chili or stew. —Patricia Overley, Chino Hills, California
Recommended: Holiday Butters
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- ORANGE HONEY BUTTER:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- Preheat oven to 450°. Whisk together first four ingredients; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Mix milk, orange peel and orange juice; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead gently 8-10 times. Pat or roll dough to 1/2-in. thickness; cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter. Place 1 in. apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake until golden brown, 8-12 minutes.
- For honey butter, beat butter until softened; beat in honey and orange peel. Serve with warm biscuits. Yield: about 1 dozen (1/2 cup butter).
Originally published as Orange Biscuits with Honey Butter in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2017, p84