- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fat-free plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 large egg
- 4 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1 cup fresh blueberries or frozen unsweetened blueberries, unthawed
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, whisk flours, sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, whisk yogurt, orange juice, applesauce, egg whites, egg and orange peel until blended. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened. Fold in blueberries.
- Coat muffin cups with cooking spray; fill three-fourths full with batter. Bake 24-26 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: 15 regular muffins.
Reviews forOrange-Berry Yogurt Muffins
"I made these muffins this morning and they were delicious. Taking heed of another review, I decreased the amount of whole wheat flour to 3/4 cup and it seemed to work. I did use King Arthur Flour which always gives me good results (not a paid ad). I used cupcake papers and gave them each a quick spray of cooking spray but I recommend making sure to spray the sides of the papers, too, as mine stuck to the sides. I made 18 muffins and we thought they were delicious. The orange flavor came shining through. I highly recommend this recipe.Volunteer Field Editor"
"I tried these muffins today. They sounded delicious but turned out heavy as lead. Will not make again"