- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless beef sirloin steak, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Hot cooked rice
- Drain oranges, reserving juice; set oranges aside. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and 2 tablespoons reserved juice until smooth; set aside.
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry beef in oil. Add the soy sauce, honey, ginger, garlic and remaining juice. Cover and cook over medium heat for 5-10 minutes or until meat is tender.
- Stir cornstarch mixture; stir into beef mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the oranges. Serve over rice. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews forOrange Beef Teriyaki
"I too thought that the soy sauce was a little over powering so a change the sauce a bit. I used low sodium soy sauce, then added a 1/2 cup brown sugar and a 1/2 cup orange juice with a little more corn starch to thicken it up. It turned out delicious my husband raved over it and my finicky daughter asked for seconds which she never does."
"I double checked the recipe to see if I had made made a mistake but I made it to the letter. We could not eat this dish. It was way to salty. The Soy sauce over powered everything."