- 1 pound well-trimmed top sirloin, cut into thin strips
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons shredded fresh gingerroot or 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon finely grated orange peel
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 small sweet red pepper, cut into strips
- 2/3 cup picante sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar, optional
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 green onions with tops, cut diagonally into 1-inch pieces
- Sliced almonds, optional
- Hot steamed rice
- Toss meat with soy sauce, ginger and orange peel; set aside for 10 minutes. Heat oil in a wok or large skillet on high. Stir-fry mixture just until meat is no longer pink; remove. Add broccoli, pepper, picante sauce and sugar to skillet. Cover and reduce heat to simmer. Cook until vegetables are crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Combine orange juice and cornstarch; add to skillet along with meat and onions. Cook and stir 1 minutes or until sauce is thickened. Sprinkle with almonds, if desired. Serve with hot steamed rice. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews forOrange Beef and Broccoli Stir-Fry
"I followed this recipe exactly and I was sorely disappointed. The veggies and meat were great but the sauce was extremely bland!! My husband and son agreed and the rest of it that we didn't eat went directly into the garbage can. Boo."
"This is one of the best stir-fry recipes ever. The flavor is wonderful; it is even good re-heated."
"It made a hit with friends. I used mild saulsa instead of piccante sauce and added mushrooms. I also used light soy sauce."