Orange Beef and Beans
"Green beans are one of my all-time favorite vegetables—I can cook them more ways than ground beef, and this dish showcases them beautifully," writes Sundra Hauck from Bogalusa, Louisiana. Orange juice adds zesty flavor to the sirloin steak and garden-fresh beans.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 3/4 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 cups cut fresh green beans, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- In a large bowl, combine sugar and orange zest. Add beef; toss to coat. In a large nonstick skillet, stir-fry beef in oil for 5 minutes or until browned.
- In a microwave-safe dish, cover and cook beans in water for 3-5 minutes on high; drain. Add beans to skillet; cook, stirring constantly, until tender.
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, ginger and pepper. stir in the soy sauce and orange juice until smooth. Pour the sauce over beef and beans; toss to coat. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 210 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 648mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 3g fiber), 21g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fruit.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.