I avoid long and complicated recipes during the summer months (I'd rather be out by the pool with my family!), so I came up with this easy citrus twist on barbecue. The orange adds a subtle, deliciously fresh flavor. I also use the sauce when I make chicken fondue.
Recommended: Our Favorite 4th of July Party Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 pounds pork baby back ribs
- 1 bottle (18 ounces) honey barbecue sauce
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons grated orange peel
- Place ribs bone side down on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Cover and bake at 325° for 2 to 2-1/2 hours or until tender; drain.
- In a small bowl, combine the barbecue sauce, orange juice and peel; set aside 1 cup for serving. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack.
- Place ribs over direct heat; baste with some of the sauce. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 15-20 minutes or until browned, turning and basting occasionally. Serve with reserved sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Orange BBQ Baby Back Ribs in Simple & Delicious June/July 2012, p43