VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges
- 3/4 to 1 cup orange juice
- 1 package (16 ounces) angel food cake mix
- 3/4 teaspoon orange extract
- 3 drops yellow food coloring, optional
- 3 drops red food coloring, optional
- 5 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Blueberries, sliced peaches, strawberries and kiwifruit
- Drain oranges, reserving juice in a 2-cup measuring cup; add enough orange juice to measure 1-3/4 cups. Set aside. Finely chop oranges; drain well and set aside.
- Prepare cake batter according to package directions; add the orange extract and food coloring if desired with the water. Fold in the chopped oranges. Pour into an ungreased 10-in. tube pan. Bake according to package directions.
- In a small saucepan, combine the cornstarch and cold water until smooth. Gradually add the reserved orange juice mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Cool to room temperature. Slice cake; serve with fruit and orange sauce. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Originally published as Orange Angel Food Cake in Quick Cooking July/August 2003, p8
Reviews forOrange Angel Food Cake
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review