- 1 head Boston lettuce, separated into leaves
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced into rings
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- Sliced almonds
- Bottled poppy seed dressing
- Arrange lettuce leaves, onion and oranges on salad plates. Chill. Just before serving, sprinkle with almonds. Serve with poppy seed dressing. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews forOrange and Onion Salad
"i gave this a four star only because the onions where a little overpowering but its a delicious side dish to go with fish or chicken the mandarin oranges in it made you think of the beach light and refeshing deb Pennington VFE Decatur Al."