Orange and Jicama Salsa
This colorful salsa with jicama and jalapeno has definite Southwestern flair. I like to use delicious, sweet-tart blood oranges in it when they're in season.—Cheryl Perry, Hertford, North Carolina
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 6 medium oranges, peeled, sectioned and chopped
- 1-1/2 cups cubed peeled jicama
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Baked tortilla chips or scoops
- In a large bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients. Serve with chips. Refrigerate leftovers.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 22 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 20mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 0 protein.
Originally published as Blood Orange and Jicama Salsa in Light & Tasty February/March 2007
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.