Orange-Almond Chocolate Logs
A sure hit for the holidays, these lovely logs from our Test Kitchen staff feature the can't-beat combination of almond, orange and chocolate.
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup almond paste
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest, divided
- 9 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 3 tablespoons coarse sugar
- 1-1/2 cups dark chocolate chips
- 1-1/2 teaspoons shortening
- 1. In a small bowl, cream the butter, almond paste and 1/2 teaspoon orange zest until light and fluffy. In a microwave, melt white baking chocolate; stir until smooth. Gradually add to creamed mixture. Slowly stir in orange juice. Beat until smooth. Cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes or until easy to handle, stirring occasionally.
- 2. Shape into 2-in. logs; place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Loosely cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm. Combine coarse sugar and remaining orange zest; set aside.
- 3. In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip logs in chocolate, allowing excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Sprinkle with sugar mixture. Let stand until firm.
1 piece: 182 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 29mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
© 2020 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC