I took this wonderful tart to school for a potluck. I work with 4th graders, and we typically eat at staggered times, starting with kindergarten and working our way up to 4th grade. By the time I got in the room where we eat lunch, my tart was gone, but there was a nice note telling me how good it was. —Dianna Wara, Washington, Illinois
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 3 cups fresh blackberries
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 cup white baking chips
- 1/2 teaspoon shortening
- 1/4 teaspoon apple pie spice
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 12-in. circle. Transfer to a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and marmalade. Spread over the pastry to within 1-1/4 in. of edges. Top with blackberries to within 1 in. of cream cheese edge. Fold up edges of pastry over filling, leaving center uncovered.
- In a small bowl, combine the nuts, sugar, flour and butter; sprinkle over blackberries. Bake at 400° for 35-40 minutes or until crust is golden and filling is bubbly. Using the parchment paper, slide tart onto a wire rack to cool.
- In a microwave, melt baking chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Stir in apple pie spice. Drizzle over tart. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Orange & Blackberry Panther Tart in Taste of Home Winning Recipes 3 2012, p268