Open-Faced Turkey Tacos
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (16 ounces) fat-free refried beans
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
- 10 flour tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 medium green peppers, chopped
- 2 medium sweet red peppers, chopped
- 10 tablespoons fat-free sour cream
- In a large skillet, cook turkey and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add beans and salsa; cook and stir until heated through. Spread 1/2 cup turkey mixture over each tortilla. Top with lettuce, tomatoes, peppers and sour cream.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 265 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 674mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 6g fiber), 16g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Mar 2, 2013
Instead of refried beans (which I loathe), I used Black Beans. I cooked both the turkey, onion and peppers along with chili powder, cumin, and oregano. then followed the rest of the directions. Was tasty!
May 21, 2012
These were really good. I used ground beef instead of turkey since I don't like the texture of ground turkey.
Jun 13, 2011
Good - but my DH and I wanted to kick up the spice so we used refried beans w/ jalepeno pepper and also added taco seasoning. With these additions it was wonderful!
May 3, 2008
Sounds very good, look forward to trying it