Open-Faced Turkey Tacos
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (16 ounces) fat-free refried beans
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
- 10 flour tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 medium green peppers, chopped
- 2 medium sweet red peppers, chopped
- 10 tablespoons fat-free sour cream
- In a large skillet, cook turkey and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add beans and salsa; cook and stir until heated through. Spread 1/2 cup turkey mixture over each tortilla. Top with lettuce, tomatoes, peppers and sour cream.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 265 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 674mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 6g fiber), 16g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Mar 2, 2013
Instead of refried beans (which I loathe), I used Black Beans. I cooked both the turkey, onion and peppers along with chili powder, cumin, and oregano. then followed the rest of the directions. Was tasty!
May 21, 2012
These were really good. I used ground beef instead of turkey since I don't like the texture of ground turkey.
Jun 13, 2011
Good - but my DH and I wanted to kick up the spice so we used refried beans w/ jalepeno pepper and also added taco seasoning. With these additions it was wonderful!
May 3, 2008
Sounds very good, look forward to trying it
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.