Open-Faced Turkey Sandwiches
In Oakdale, California, Tiffany Mouren uses a flavorful garlic spread to give Italian flair to her warm turkey sandwiches. Mozzarella cheese melted on top adds a fast final touch to the open-faced rolls.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 10 min.
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Dash pepper
- 4 sandwich rolls, split
- 1 pound thinly sliced deli turkey
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a skillet, saute the onion, garlic and Italian seasoning in oil. Add parsley, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce and pepper; spread on cut sides of rolls. Top with turkey; sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 410 calories, 15g fat (6g saturated fat), 72mg cholesterol, 1836mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 30g protein.
Originally published as Open-Faced Turkey Sandwiches in Quick Cooking January/February 2000
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.