Open-Faced Turkey Burgers
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Grill: 10 min.
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon prepared pesto
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 slices whole wheat bread
- 4-1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1/2 pound lean ground turkey
- 2 red lettuce leaves
- 2 slices tomato
- 2 slices sweet onion
- Place garlic on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Drizzle with 1 teaspoon oil. Wrap foil around garlic. Bake at 425° for 15-20 minutes or until garlic is softened. Cool for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine mayonnaise and pesto; set aside. In another small bowl, combine Italian seasoning and remaining oil; brush over bread. Set aside.
- Squeeze softened garlic into a large bowl. Add the honey, mustard, salt and pepper. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into two patties.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Grill bread for 1-2 minutes on each side or until toasted. Top each slice of bread with lettuce, burger, tomato, onion and 1 tablespoon mayonnaise mixture.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 432 calories, 23g fat (5g saturated fat), 96mg cholesterol, 770mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 3g fiber), 25g protein.
Feb 19, 2015
This is an easy recipe that takes great. I double this recipe all the time for a great weeknight dinner that my family loves. When I'm short on time I skip the sauce and just use ketchup. It still tastes great and only takes about 15 min to get on the table.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.