Open-Faced Turkey Burgers
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Grill: 10 min.
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon prepared pesto
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 slices whole wheat bread
- 4-1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1/2 pound lean ground turkey
- 2 red lettuce leaves
- 2 slices tomato
- 2 slices sweet onion
- Place garlic on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Drizzle with 1 teaspoon oil. Wrap foil around garlic. Bake at 425° for 15-20 minutes or until garlic is softened. Cool for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine mayonnaise and pesto; set aside. In another small bowl, combine Italian seasoning and remaining oil; brush over bread. Set aside.
- Squeeze softened garlic into a large bowl. Add the honey, mustard, salt and pepper. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into two patties.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Grill bread for 1-2 minutes on each side or until toasted. Top each slice of bread with lettuce, burger, tomato, onion and 1 tablespoon mayonnaise mixture.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 432 calories, 23g fat (5g saturated fat), 96mg cholesterol, 770mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 3g fiber), 25g protein.
Feb 19, 2015
This is an easy recipe that takes great. I double this recipe all the time for a great weeknight dinner that my family loves. When I'm short on time I skip the sauce and just use ketchup. It still tastes great and only takes about 15 min to get on the table.