Open-Faced Portobello Sandwiches
"This is a great meatless meal that doesn't leave you feeling deprived," writes R.O. Smith from Bountiful, Utah. This warm, chewy sandwich boasts a meaty, earthy flavor.
Total TimePrep/Total time: 15 min.
- 4 teaspoons prepared pesto
- 2 slices Italian bread (3/4 inch thick), toasted
- 3 oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, cut into strips
- 2 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese (3/4 ounce each)
- 2 large portobello mushrooms, stems removed
- Spread pesto on toast; top with tomatoes and cheese. Place mushrooms on a microwave-safe plate; cover with a paper towel. Microwave on high for 1 minute or until tender.
- Cut mushrooms into 1/2-in. slices; place on cheese. Cook sandwiches on high for 15-20 seconds or until cheese is melted.