Open-Faced Pizza Sandwiches
This tasty pizza is a hit with my grandchildren. What could be easier for Saturday lunch? It took me longer to write the recipe down than it does to fix it! —Dorothy Eriksen, Salem, Oregon
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 6 slices white bread
- 1 can (15 ounces) chili, warmed
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 3/4 cup pizza sauce
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Butter bread on both sides. On a greased griddle, toast bread on one side until lightly browned. Turn; spoon about 1/4 cup chili on each slice. Sprinkle with garlic salt.
- Top each with 2 tablespoons pizza sauce and about 2 tablespoons cheese. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning. Cook until bottom is golden brown and cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 293 calories, 17g fat (9g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 946mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 15g protein.
Originally published as 5 Minute Pizza in Simple & Delicious January/February 2009