- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1-1/2 cups cubed reduced-sodium fully cooked ham
- 1 cup frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 2-1/2 cups egg substitute
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- In a 9-in. x 10-in. skillet coated with cooking spray, saute broccoli, red pepper and onions until crisp-tender. Add ham and hash browns. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently. In a bowl, whisk together the egg substitute and pepper. Pour over vegetable mixture. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-12 minutes or until set. Remove from the heat. Sprinkle with cheese; cover and let stand for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Cut into wedges. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forOpen-Faced Omelet
"I prepared this dish this morning and it was an instant hit. I had all the ingredients except the broccoli so I left it out. I downsized the recipe slightly for just my husband and myself. It is quick and easy and delicious. I will definitely prepare this again. Here is the link to my review and photos:http://community.tasteofhome.com/community_forums/f/30/p/888529/7680844.aspx#7680844"